Family Adventures in the Atacama Desert
June to November
Per person in DBL
6-Day Family Adventures in the Atacama Desert
Amity Tours has developed this new tour in the Atacama Desert for families who love being active, go hiking during the day and rest comfortable at night. You’ll hike among astonishing landscapes surrounded by volcanoes and secret paths between valleys, salt flats, gorges, in addition to learning about Atacama history, culture, archaeology, and its native flora and fauna.
Atacama Family Adventure Tour Highlights
- Explore the driest desert in the world
- Ckari Gorge trail hike in Moon Valley
- Star-gazing experience
- Cejar Lagoon and Ojos del Salar
- Atacama Salt Flat and endemic fauna and flora
- Savor Chilean cuisine and taste traditional Atacamean specialties
- Cacti Valley, Guatín ancient settlement and Puritama hot springs
- Third largest Geothermal field in the world: Tatio Geysers
- Cultural experience and special encounter with the Likan Antai indigenous community
- High plateau Lagoons: Miscanti and Miñiques
- USD $2.995 per person based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: USD $290
- Tour rate is based on a minimum of 4 people
All Family Adventure trips can be fully customized according to group size, time available, and your favorite outdoor activities.
We process all tour payments with our technology partner WeTravel.
We are aware that planning ahead your next trip to Chile might be difficult in these extraordinary times. Rest assured, as we have updated our booking policies. This will allow you to purchase safely your next vacations. We have removed all non-refundable booking fees. All our rates have been locked-in until 2022. If you make a deposit and cannot travel, you can always use that money as credit with us and use it within the next 24 months.
We operate this tour upon request and according to availability, from June to November.
Please send us your contact information by email to [email protected] and we’ll call you within the next 24 hours.
- Small groups with up to 12 guests maximum
- Professional tour guide (9:1 guest-to-guide ratio)
- Private transportation
- 5 nights’ accommodation at 3* hotel
- Walking, culture experience with the Likan Antai indigenous community, hot springs, star-gazing
- Meals as per itinerary (5 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 1 dinner and 1 evening cocktail)
- First glass of Chilean wine, beer or soft drink during our group dinners
- Amity’s zero waste on-route snacks including: drinking water, local beer, isotonic drinks, trail-mix, fresh fruit and home-made energy bars
- Gratuities at restaurants and hotels
- Medical and accident insurance
- Hiking poles
- Water bottles available upon request
- Entrance fees to hot springs and national parks
- International and local flights
- Travel and trip cancellation insurance
- Extra beverages & cocktails
- SPA and Laundry services
- Gratuity for local team. At the end of the trip, gratuity for the crew for a job well done is highly appreciated. We encourage you to use your discretion and tip according to the caliber of service you receive. As a guideline, the industry standard is $120 dollars per person, per guide