Conservation Tour Chiloe Island Chile
From October to April
Per person in DBL
8-Day Darwin’s Route Tour in Chiloé Island
Discover the wonders that Charles Darwin saw on his journey to the south of Chile. Explore this fascinating territory of the Chilean rain forest, and watch the same species of flora and fauna described by one of the Fathers of Modern Science.
- USD $3.330 per person based in double occupancy
- Single Supplement: USD $390
- Tour rate is based on a minimum of 4 people
For private departures, please send us your contact information by email to [email protected] and we’ll call you within the next 24 hours.
We process all tour payments with our technology partner WeTravel
- We operate this tour upon request and according to availability.
- Please send us your contact information by email to [email protected] and we’ll call you within the next 24 hours.
- Small groups with up to 12 guests maximum
- Professional tour guide (9:1 guest-to-guide ratio)
- Private transportation
- 7 nights’ accommodation at 2* hotels
- birdwatching, sea mammals watching, soft hiking, boat ride, ferry crossing, volunteer nature conservation activities
- Meals (7 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 5 dinners)
- First glass of Chilean wine, beer or soft drink during our group dinners
- Amity’s zero waste on-route snacks including: drinking water, local beer, isotonic drinks, trail-mix, fresh fruit and home-made energy bars
- Gratuities at restaurants and hotels
- Medical and accident insurance
- Entrance fees to national parks, and US $50 donation for conservation actions in Ahuenco Park
- International and local flights
- Travel and trip cancellation insurance
- Extra beverages & cocktails
- SPA and Laundry services
- Gratuity for local team. At the end of the trip, gratuity for the crew for a job well done is highly appreciated. We encourage you to use your discretion and tip according to the caliber of service you receive. As a guideline, the industry standard is $120 dollars per person, per guide
Before we kick off our conservation tour in Chiloé Island, you should take a day or two to adjust to local time and recover from your travels, and allow for any flight or luggage delays. You should fly into Puerto Montt airport (PMC).
We recommend staying at Cumbres Puerto Varas Hotel in the city, which is well-located with lots of restaurants and other facilities just a short walk away.
Suggested Hotels in Puerto Varas
Official Airport Transfer
The official shuttle company at Puerto Montt’s Airport is called Andres Tour.
They are the only authorized shuttle company at the airport, and their staff wears a green uniform.
By contract with the airport, they must have available transport based in the domestic flights arriving every day.
They have a counter at the airport, next to the automatic doors (from the baggage carrousel).
They offer regular shuttles to Puerto Varas at $10.000 pesos (USD $15 per person), and they need a minimum of 4 people.
If they don’t have the 4 minimum passengers, or if you want to have a private shuttle, with the same company you can do it at $18.000 (USD $25 per vehicle).
You don’t need reservations and you can pay in Credit Card or Cash. The ATM is on ground floor.
All their shuttle services will drop you off at the hotel or address you are staying in Puerto Varas. Driving time is approximately 30 minutes.
Our meeting hotel address is AVENIDA IMPERIAL #0561, PUERTO VARAS.