General Terms & Conditions.
Here below you’ll find our General Terms of Sales & Conditions.
Yes, we know it’s a lot of ‘small print’, but it is absolutely vital that you read and understand it. Just ask if you need anything clarified.
- Winter Programs’ Rates Valid Until September 30 2019
- Spring & Summer Programs’ Rates Valid Until April 30 2020
- All Rates Subject To Change
In order to confirm your booking, we kindly request a non-refundable booking fee. Booking fees must be paid within 2 weeks from the date you have confirmed your trip in writing by email, together with your signed booking form.
All booking must be pre-paid. In cases where programs are booked during the winter and summer high seasons (July and December until February), all payments must be made with a deposit of a 50% of the total amount at least 90 days before the arrival of the clients, and the balance of 50% must be paid at least 60 days before the arrival of the clients.
email: [email protected]
phone: +56 45 285 290 (for spanish); +56 45 2444 574 (for English)
mobile: +56 9 9333 2765 (for spanish); +56 9 9333 2759 (for english); +56 9 8949 5751 (for German)
We process all tour payments with our technology partner Anyguide. With this technology we accept payments with all mayor credit cards and in many currencies.
Choose your dream tour and book a space today. You can search and book all our tours in this link: Book Now with Amity Tours.
If for any reasons you are forced to cancel a booking, the following penalties will apply:
All Booking Fees are non-refundable.
1. Cancellations made between 59 and 31 days before the clients’ date of arrival, we will retain 25% of the total deposit.
2. Cancellations made 30 days before the clients’ date of arrival, we will retain 100% of the total deposit.
Amity Tours reserves the right to resell tour space without notice if the final payment has not been received by due date. The right is reserved to decline to accept or retain at any time any participant in any tour. All tours operate with a minimum of four participants. We reserve the right to cancel tours if the minimum number is not achieved.
Modification of Day Excursions & Programs
Amity Tours reserves the right to modify the itinerary if the change allows the achievement of better services or due to reasons beyond our control it is compelled to so, without altering the length of the tour. If for any particular reason a client doesn’t use a service included on the itinerary, he or she will not have any reimbursement or right to complain.
Type of vehicles utilized by Amity Tours
On day excursions and programs visiting wild protected areas, Amity Tours does not make use of buses or vehicles with capacity over 18 passengers due to security measures. In the wild areas, the bridges usually support no more than 6 tons; the roads are narrow and are surrounded by canopies, which impede 360º turns and the safe passing of medium and large size vehicles.
Amity Tours generally uses 2 models of vehicles according to the number of passengers, in groups of 4 to 12 people. The company does not utilize the vehicles at their full capacity.
– Toyota Hilux or 4Runner (4-passenger capacity with reclining seats) for groups of up to 4 people.
-Mercedes Benz Sprinter 415 Turbo Diesel (13-passenger capacity with semi-reclining seats) for groups between 5 and 12 people.
All vehicles have their own trailer to carry luggage, air conditioning, heating, first aid kit, chains for snow, shovel, towing rope and tool box.
Amity Tours’ Staff
Amity Tours is a family owned company with a team of local experienced professional tour guides specialized in the fields of skiing, cycling, mountaineering and ecotourism, with international and national certification (CATA, Chilean Adventure Tourism Committee) and with a strong background in the field of indigenous flora & fauna interpretation. All our guides count with the Wilderness First Responder certificate.
Both day excursions and programs are planned by a logistics manager and a program manager:
– Logistic Manager: responsible for planning and organizing the stock of food & beverages; coordinating transportation services, lodgings, and access to wild protected areas; running the check list for first aid kit, radio communication and common equipment.
– Program Manager: evaluates weather conditions and prepares the gear for the excursions and tours; coordinates the tour guides that are responsible for each trip and checks the clients’ profile to remark if there is anything important to keep in mind in terms of health & security, such as allergies, medicines, medical conditions, vegetarian diets and so on.
Our company’s standard is to employ 1 tour guide per each 9-persons group and add another tour guide when the group is of 10 persons or more. Also, our company does not use the concept of tour guide-driver; on the contrary, we employ one person for each specific task.
During the operation of our programs and day excursions, we commonly support our guided nature and cultural interpretations with didactic items such as books and field-guides, which help us to explain the characteristics of an area or any species under protection.
Visa to enter Chile: No advance Visa application is needed for entry into Chile. Australian and Mexican citizens entering Chile for tourism purposes will be charged a $160.00 processing fee payable on arrival. Cash and credit card accepted.
USA, Canadian and New Zealand citizens no longer need to pay the reciprocity fee ($160.00) to enter Chile. A valid passport is required travelling as a tourist for 90 days.
Visa to enter Argentina: Internet Visa application is needed for entry into Argentina. Canadian citizens entering Argentina for tourism purposes will be charged a $160.00 processing fee payable online. https://virtual.provinciapagos.com.ar/ArgentineTaxes/
LODGING CLASSIFICATION USED BY AMITY TOURS
Amity Tours tries to use, as much as possible, locally-owned accommodations with capacity for no more than 40 persons and with the highest comfort available, so we can achieve a highly personalized standard of service.Due to sometimes notorious differences between lodging establishments under the same stars category, we have designed our own classification that aims to show our clients the different comfort levels that they will find at the selected hotels in the visited areas.
– Comfort Class A:
Best service and facilities available, combination of deluxe/luxury and very comfortable/cozy accommodations. Generally 4 stars Hotels and Hosterias (Inns)
– Comfort Class B:
Moderate or first-class accommodations throughout. Generally 4 & 3 stars Hotels and Hosterias (Inns)
– Comfort Class C:
Moderate to tourist-class accommodations, combined with lodgings of basic services & facilities. Generally 3 stars and/or tourist-class Hotels; Hosterias (Inns); Hostels and/or Cabins.
Amity Tours doesn’t operate programs that include camping.
To ascertain whether a program is right for your clients with regard to physical demands, we have given each Amity’s day excursion and program a rating from the least demanding to the most physically demanding, which are Low, Medium and High. Ratings are relative, and reflect a combination of intensity and duration, as well as many other factors such as distance, terrain, environmental conditions, weather, etc. The range of hours for each rating will vary from program to program, and refers to the estimated amount of time participants are engaged in physical activity.
Appropriate for all people and suitable for families with young children and older adults in good health with overall good mobility, who are comfortable participating in up to 3 hours of physical activity per day. Programs at this level generally involve activities of light to moderate intensity at an easy pace, mostly walking, sometimes on slightly uneven terrain.
You don’t live for hiking, but you definitely love to spend time in nature. These hiking tours are appropriate for all people and suitable for older adults in good health with overall good mobility, who are comfortable participating in up to 3 hours hiking per day. Programs at this level generally involve nature walks of light to moderate intensity at an easy pace, mostly walking, sometimes on slightly uneven terrain. All our guided hiking tours include natural interpretation and focus on the history, volcanology and the native flora and fauna of the wilderness areas.
You’re not a fanatical rider, but you exercise regularly and enjoy a leisurely day’s spin on your bike. Expect a relaxed pace over gently rolling terrain, with some ups and downs and vistas and valleys. Average distance per day: 25-35 miles / 40-50 km.
You are a cautious intermediate skier. You’ve mastered the “blues” and can ski them at a reasonable speed. But when those “reds” get steep, awkward or icy – oops get me out of here! The best ski tours for you are the Piste Performance. Don’t worry if you are unsure of your exact level. A rough guess is good enough. We sort it all out in the resort on the first evening when you arrive.
More demanding than the previous level, intended for active people who are comfortable participating in up to 4-5 hours of physical activity per day. Programs at this level generally involve activities of moderate intensity and/or a more vigorous pace. These activities may include hiking on difficult terrain (sometimes steep and/or uneven trails, with obstacles such as wet logs, branches and muddy areas), white water rafting class 2/3, river ducky class 2/3, horseback riding up to 2 hours, road cycling up to 4 hours and skiing on-piste and/or easy off-piste.
A reasonable level of fitness is required, as these hiking trips can require sustained endurance levels, hills and longer days. These tours are more demanding than the previous level, intended for active people who are comfortable participating in up to 4-5 hours of hiking per day. These tours may include hiking on difficult terrain, sometimes steep and/or uneven trails, with obstacles such as wet logs, branches and muddy areas. All our guided hiking tours include natural interpretation and focus on the history, volcanology and the native flora and fauna of the wilderness areas.
You’re active on your days off, and recreational biking may even be your weekend sport of choice. You love to ride, and it shows in your endurance and strength. Our intermediate bike tours offer a steady but active pace, with opportunities to push yourself. Expect some challenging climbs, with great descents over rolling terrain. Average distance per day: 40-50 miles / 65-80 km.
You are an adventurous intermediate skier. You can ski “reds” at a good pace whatever the conditions and “easy blacks”. Difficult “blacks”, bumps or going off-piste, hmm, definitely need some work! The best ski tours for you are the All Terrain, in which we go to ski resorts and you can opt to go off-piste or stay on-piste. You will enjoy the backcountry but with the peace of mind that you are within a patrolled ski resort. Don’t worry if you are unsure of your exact level. A rough guess is good enough. We sort it all out in the resort on the first evening when you arrive.
– General Description: More demanding than the previous level, designed for people who lead active lives and are comfortable participating in up to 6-8 hours of physical activity per day. Programs at this level generally involve some activities of higher intensity and/or a more vigorous pace. Usually a medium command of techniques is needed according to the activities involved. These activities may include hiking, trekking, single track mountain-biking, road cycling for over 5 hours, rafting class 3/4, white water river kayaking, horseback riding for over 2 hours, volcano climbing and backcountry skiing.
You love hiking. These hiking tours are physically demanding and best suited for strong people with a high endurance level. These tours are more demanding than the previous level, intended for active people who are comfortable participating in up to 6-8 hours hiking per day. A typical day may include hiking over fairly hilly terrain offering lots of challenges. Trails are along high meadow paths and/or maintained cliffside or Andean trails, with some steep ascents to make you feel exhilarated. All our guided hiking tours include natural interpretation and focus on the history, volcanology and the native flora and fauna of the wilderness areas.
You crave vigorous pacing, challenging climbs, and thrilling descents. You want to eat up the miles over varying terrain, and a mountain pass or two only makes it better. Average distance per day: 45+ miles / 70+ km.
You are an all mountain skier, but you don’t need to be an Olympic skier. You can ski “reds” and “blacks” whatever the conditions and at a good pace. Bumps and off-piste – not bad. You want to get to that “I can ski anything on the mountain” mode to become the best “All-Mountain Skier”. Our mountain guides and ski instructors will take you to that level. The best ski tours for you are the All Terrain and Backcountry Skiing, in which we go to volcanoes with or without a ski resort. You will enjoy the backcountry in its full expression. Don’t worry if you are unsure of your exact level. A rough guess is good enough. We sort it all out in the resort on the first evening when you arrive.
According to Chilean Law, all Adventure Travel Companies must have an insurance policy for accidents and casualties. Amity Tours insurance policy plan covers its guests according to their age group.
For guests between 15 and 64 years old, Amity Tours insurance policy covers up to USD $2,000 in medical expenses in case of accident, and up to USD $20,000 in case of casualty. Policy number 340007728 with MetLife Chile Seguros de Vida S.A.
For guests between 65 and 75 years old, Amity Tours insurance policy covers up to USD $1,000 in medical expenses in case of accident, and up to USD $10,000 in case of casualty. Policy number 340013629 with MetLife Chile Seguros de Vida S.A.
Amity Tours (Turismo Amity Tours Ltda. RUT: 77.977.530–5) shall not be held responsible for any damage, expense or inconvenience caused by late arrival of public transport, change of schedule, strikes, vehicle breakdown, Acts of God, or other conditions. The right is reserved to alter the itinerary should it be deemed necessary.
In any adventure activity, there is an element of risk involved. Chile’s accident compensation scheme provides only limited assistance to visitors to Chile who are injured. We strongly recommend that all travelers to Chile have full insurance covering any injury they might suffer, including medical treatment cover, before undertaking this activity.
Only hiking, conservation and cycling tours count with insurance. However, for the skiing tours we do not count with the proper insurance. Therefore, all clients must have the appropriate insurance that covers the activity or activities involved in the excursion(s) and/or program(s). Without proof of the appropriate insurance the client will not be allowed to participate in the excursion.
Any policy you purchase should, at the very least, cover trip cancellation, loss of baggage, accident/life coverage, travel delays, and non-refundable airline tickets.
Carriers for travel insurance include World Nomads, Travel Guard and Travelex. You may also consider insurance that covers emergency medical evacuation. Search the web to find the best deal that suits your needs – read the fine print –
1. In consideration of the acceptance of this entry and by signing this Release for myself (or for the participant if the participant is under 18) I agree to RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS, and INDEMNIFY Amity Tours Ltda. and all its associates, their respective agents, employees and any and all Countries, States, Departments of Transportation, State Patrols, Counties, Townships and Cities through which this tour may pass, and any other parties connected with this tour for any injury, loss or damage suffered as a result of participation in this tour or any activity associated with it, including injury, loss or damage caused by the NEGLIGENCE of any party.
2. I understand that there are certain risks associated with adventure travel, including the risk of serious personal injury or death, and I expressly agree to assume these risks. I understand the trip chosen may be challenging, not necessarily the safest or easiest, and that weather, road or traffic conditions may make this ride more difficult. I warrant that I am in proper physical condition to participate in this tour, that I am a sufficiently competent person to handle the terrain conditions.
3. I understand that for all cycling tours, wearing a helmet that meets the CPSC, SNELL, ASTM or ANSI bicycle safety standards can minimize head injuries which may occur in a cycling accident, and that Amity Tours requires all riders to wear helmets. I agree to wear a helmet while participating in any cycling tour and to follow the rules of the road and all applicable laws and safe bicycling practices. It is my sole responsibility to insure that my helmet meets CPSC, SNELL, ASTM or ANSI standards and to wear my helmet while participating in this event.
4. I give permission to Amity Tours to use my image in any future company materials should it appear in photos taken during this tour.
5. I understand that this Release is also binding on my heirs and representatives. If I am signing on behalf of a minor, I accept full responsibility for all medical expenses incurred as a result of the minor’s participation. I agree to HOLD HARMLESS and INDEMNIFY the entities named above for any claims brought on behalf of the minor.
6. By registering, I agree to read and familiarize myself with the information in the registration materials and follow the procedures and rules. I will process a bank transfer or include check or money order payable to Amity Tours.
7. Any legal action that may arise from my participation in this tour will be handled in the city of Pucon Chile according to Chilean law.
8. Amity Tours reserves the right to remove any participating from this tour if in our opinion is likely to be endangering themselves or other participants, or is riding illegally as defined by the Road Code.
9. Amity Tours reserves the right to cancel any day’s excursion and/or part of the itinerary if we become concerned for any reason for your safety or that of any other person.