As we all know, traveling has a huge impact on the environment. Here is a helpful list of sustainable practices you can adopt if you plan a trip to Chile in 2020, thus minimizing your contribution to climate change.
Before your trip
- Offset your flights by a donation to a carbon offset project. (Soon we will present our own Amity Tours Carbon Offset Project)
- Go paperless by downloading the boarding pass of your flights.
- Download your personal itinerary from our VAMOOS App to access al the important information on your phone.
- Bring your own reusable water bottle
- Refuse straws or bring your own stainless steel straw
- Bring your own zero-waste utensils like fork, knife and spoon
- Cloth napkin to avoid single use napkins
- Cotton bag / shopping bag for any purchase (fruits, souvenirs etc)
- Bamboo toothbrush
- Soap and shampoo en bars
- Menstrual cup
- Metal razor
During your trip:
- Recycle your residues as much as possible at the hotels or local recycling stations.
Fuel the local economy
- Avoid single use plastic by buying at local farmers markets and bulk stores.
- Always prefer shopping handicrafts and souvenirs directly from local producers.
Collect experiences instead of objects
- Dive into the local culture and connect with the history and nature of each place you are visiting.
- Leave No Trace – while visiting natural places dispose waste properly, respect wildlife and leave what you find.
After your sustainable trip in Chile
- Share your sustainable travel solutions with your friends and family.
- Keep preferring local tour operators practicing sustainable tourism.
Our efforts for a greener travel industry
At Amity Tours we have implemented a new zero-waste challenge by eliminating most of the generated trash during our tours. With this project we encourage other tours operators and future visitors to protect our fragile environment. Find out more about our commitment to a sustainable travel industry.